What is a placeholder team? November 9, 2016
Placeholder teams occur when a user has created a league. When the user has created the league, they will begin to add teams to the league in order to record particular events such as recording game results. (To learn more about leagues check out #help). Once a team has been added, there may be no owner or manager as such it is an empty team representing an active real team. This empty team is what we call a placeholder team as it is holding a place for an actual team.
The league administrators have the ability to keep the team as a blank team or assign a team owner (To learn more about how to assign a team owner to placeholder team check #help).
If a team owner has been assigned, a notification will be sent out to that person. That person will have the ability to:
- Deny the placeholder team
- The placeholder team will continue to exist within the league as an empty team. If the league wants to keep track of records, it will need to record items for the team.
- Replace the placeholder team with an existing team
- The placeholder team is essentially a duplication of an active team on squadSet. The owner will delete the placeholder team and swap their active team into the league in the position of the placeholder team.
- Accept the request.
- The person can either be a new user or an existing one without a team. The team will then become an active team and cease being a placeholder team. The person sent the request will become the team owner and can start using the team.
Placeholder teams allow team within the same league to continue their day to day scheduling without the reliance on other users for their interactions.